The 1970s was the decade of decadence, freedom & soul, and the fashion reflected that as well. From the wide leg pants, to the silk and satin blouses, to the platforms, the 70s marked an era for the first time where everyone was free to explore & showcase sexuality without the backlash that would’ve most definitely been received in prior decades. 70s fashion made women look bold & sure of their looks and most important themselves. This is my all time favorite era of fashion & lifestyle that I innately carry over to these modern times. Below are a couple of staple looks that define this era.
Bishop Sleeve Blouse
This blouse can be found at Coggles.com
Roll Neck Sweater
This Karen Millen Epaulette roll neck jumper can be found at houseoffraser.co.uk
High-Waisted Flair Pants
These Michael Kors ‘Jaryn’ Glen Plaid Stretch Wool Pants can be found at http://shop.nordstrom.com
This Multi Godet Maxi Dress is from Kate Moss’s TopShop limited edition line.
A look for the night: metallic gown with a draping neckline
Accesorizing the 70s look can be done with…..
1. leather belt (Braided Buckle belt from Forver21)
2. leather satchel (Vanessa Bruno Leather & Suede Satchel at net-a-porter.com)
(BCBG Max Azria Tejus leather satchel at theoutnet.com)
3. long strap purse (Dolce & Gabbana Python skin bag from farfetch.com)
4. platform boots (Christian Louboutin leather over-the-knee-boot from bergdorfgoodman.com)
5. heels (Jimmy Choo Loxley Snake-Printed Pumps at saksfifthavenue.com)
(Gucci Keira Suede T-Strap Sandals at saksfifthavenue.com)
6. bangles (both from Forever21)
7. long beaded necklaces (both from Forever21)…..Remember to keep it simple…..
8. Of course, the hair
Just style your hair in a chic shaped fro, or if not that way, you can maximize your curls and add lots & lots of volume.
NETERAL Notable Mentions
Yes, we have notable mentions. These are the women who did it in the 1970s, and when we say “did it”, we mean did it when it came to success, style, & sex appeal.
Pam Grier (also photoed above)
Tamara Dobson…the late great
Vonetta McGee…the late great